Editorial Board Member - JNND
Frank Barone is an accomplished leader with significant experience as researcher and Professor in Drug Discovery and Academia. Frank has made significant contributions to discovering drugs, to increasing the understanding of drug action and to the biology of several diseases. His strong scientific, management and communication skills have been demonstrated consistently throughout his career. Frank has established a long-term track record of building functional, cohesive research teams that are empowered to meet and exceed their research goals. Specifics include:
• 25 years in Drug Discovery functioning as research team leader in developing and executing research strategies from target discovery to drug screening and target validation in disease to marketed drug and post-market drug scientific support; History of maintained/consistent research/resource support in industrial environment for disease target research and compound progression in Discovery Research.
• Significant experience as consultant to Pharmaceutical Companies, and in the academic work environment helping to developing research direction, helping to secure federal research grant support and teaching.
• Ability to Integrate Systems Pharmacology/Biology and Translational Medicine into Drug Discovery and Disease Biology Research.
• Long standing research background/experience in cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases.
• Member of journal editorial boards and NIH study groups; scientific reviewer to many journals, granting organizations and study groups/sections; member of numerous scientific societies; four faculty appointments; currently have published over 200 scientific manuscripts, reviews, chapters and patents.
Basic scientific study of Cerebrovascular dieases with focus on ischemic stroke, vascular dementia and trauma; Development of animal disease models that can translate well to man and will facilitate our understanding of disease biology, pathology and signaling, and biomarkers in order to impact drug discovery and advances in therapeutic interventions; Persue close collaborations with Clinical Researchers and Neuroscientists to help make Translational Medicine a reality.
Other Editorial Board Members - JNND
Department of Neurological Surgery
Thomas Jefferson University
Department of Neuro-ophthalmology
Michigan State University
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Neuroscience
University of Nebraska Medical Center
Department of Neurology
University of South Florida
Center for Neuroscience and Stem Cell Research
University of California-Irvine School of Medicine
Department of Neuroscience
Department of Preventive Medicine and Community Health
The University of Texas Medical Branch
Department of Neurology
University of Maryland