Editorial Board Member - JHSS
Dr. Jayasimha Rao has completed his Ph.D. in Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine from Osmania University. Currently, Dr. Rao is working as Associate Professor at the Internal Medicine/Section of Infectious Diseases/Carilion Medical Center/Jefferson College of Health Science, and an Assistant Professor at the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine. Major contribution of his research is focused on gaining insights into the epidemiological tracking of carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae (CRE) and multidrug-resistant organisms (MRDOs), specifically Acinetobacter baumanii by whole genome sequencing as a tool and further expanding knowledge in bacterial pathogenesis by using proteomics and genomics for identifying differentially expressed genes and proteins in clinical isolates of Pseudomonas aeruginosa, these organisms frequently encounter in the hospital settings. His research experience and technical expertise with modern molecular methods such as PCR, RNA-seq and cloning methods have been used in his laboratory.
Dr. Jayasimha Rao 's research interests are in
- Bacterial pathogenesis and drug resistance evaluations in clinical isolates of Pseduomonas aeruginosa and Acinetobacter baumanii.
- Bacterial gene regulation.
- Multi-drug resistance microrogansims (MDROs) including carbapenem-Resistance enterobacteracein clinical setings.
- Molcular tools such as genome and RNA-sequencing, PCR and cloning expertise.
- Antimicrobial peptides and screening for the MDROs.
- Epidemiological tracking of Hosptial Acquired Infections.
Other Editorial Board Members - JHSS
Department of Anatomy & Neurobiology
University of Boston, School of Medicine
Department of Nuclear Medicine
University of La Sapienza, Rome
Clinical Professor of Medicine
University of Arizona
Sports college “Universi” Pristina
Republic of Kosovo
Department of Surgery and Anatomy
University of Sao Paulo School of Medicine
Department of Neurology and Psychiatry
University of Assiut
Department of Health and Human Performance
Nova Southeastern University
Athletic Training Program Director
Department of Anatomy and Embryology
University of Zagazig